Addiction can have devastating consequences–for the individual and their loved ones. I hold a multi-causal view of addiction that takes genetics, family history, environmental stressors, and coping strategies into account. I have substantial experience in working with clients that have struggled with alcohol and drug addiction.
Addiction symptoms and behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling the need to use the substance regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for the substance
- Over time, needing more of the substance to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the substance
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the substance, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the substance
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the substance
- Failed attempts to quit using the substance
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider addiction counseling.
I believe that there are many paths to successful recovery that will work with your goals and desires, and ensure you can make the life changes you want to make. Contact me today for a free consultation.